Made it before the volcano blew it's top! Tuesday July 9, 2013
Mexico MTC, Mexico City.
The first week started out. Well first off thanks to everyone that wrote me it helps alot to hear from home again and know I mattered that much more haha. The plane ride to Georgia was with 8 other Elders and they all were either going to Chile or Washington. It was cool. until we came to Georgia, and I just happened to be the one who was switched to a plane where I was all by myself and everything was in Spanish!! ha ha crazy but then we got here met up with the first group of American Missionaries here in Mexico.So cool to be a part of this. when I got here I met my companion and he is awesome he has a girl waiting too which is a great blessing to have someone to relate to. So when I first got in the Spanish Classes the next day, it was hard because I know nothing. Well now I know more, but it is a lot ha ha to say the least. The first night I felt so over whelmed and stressed and home sick I kept praying for help I had the feeling that I should ask for a blessing from my companion Elder Whiteley, he gave it to me and I was immediately comforted. It was awesome! The next day was still hard, but ever since it has gotten easier, more enjoyable, and the time is going by faster and faster. It is awesome! so this one is for my Mom, well you know how you used to joke about my Patriarchal blessing and how I will be called a leader really fast? Haha. well, I got called to be the district leader! My Branch President saw me and knew it was me. Ha ha, well your right mom. and God for that matter. My Branch President told me to tell you guys that the second he saw me, he knew that I would be the district leader. very cool! Spanish is coming a long slowly but surely. We have been trying to teach a fake investigator and it is way cool to learn the hard way haha. My district is very cool ! I feel like we have been brothers my whole life. We have had tons of fun trying to speak Spanish or playing basketball and volleyball or even just talking about the gospel. It is awesome! There is a kid I played against in basketball he is from North Ridge High School and he is going to Kennewick also which is so cool! I want to thank everyone for what you have done for me these past 18 years, you guys are helping me push through all of this don't worry. The homesickness is gong away and I feel good, It kinda worried me at first because I wasn't home sick anymore. I still miss you guys more then anything, But, I feel like God has jumped on my back and gives me all that I need to stay here. I can't wait to be in the field, I can't wait to get my first baptism. I can't wait to speak Spanish.(Good) haha and I can't wait to see each and everyone of you again! we have so many strong spirits here. I love it! Remember God is on your side, our side and never forget that! And yes I am going to put a Batman quote in here. But it is good....."Its not who you are, but what you do, that defines you". Make sure what defines you is the best! Be the lord's servants and serve until the end with no exceptions! I really miss val and I hope everyone keeps supporting her and I want her to know that every time I pray it is for you.val. and especially Farley because of his situation right now. I hope the best. I am running out of time. I will send more in another email look for another one if i can figure this out but know that you are all loved.
especially you Dad, Mom, Cam, Chels, Tyson, Marilyn, and Valerie.
Love, Jordy
